December 31, 2015 later, is the moment of entry into force of the ASEAN Economic Community. ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) is the openness of trade in Southeast Asia. The objective of the MEA is to improve the stability and equity in the economy of Southeast Asian countries. The hope with the AEC, ASEAN countries were able to overcome the economic problems that arise in the countries of Southeast Asia together.
The impact of the ASEAN Economic Community
With the MEA, then the free market and trade will flow freely from ASEAN countries. Both the labor, services, investment, goods, and capital. It is certainly no separate impact for Indonesian Society, as well as countries in Southeast Asia.
AEC impact for Indonesia
MEA will make the flow of the market will be more extensive. Target market of business and industry in Indonesia is not only local, but also evolve into ASEAN. Not only are a growing target market, but competition is also getting tougher. If before, the only local competitor MEA, then with the MEA competitors will come from the countries of Southeast Asia as well.
MEA impact for countries in Asia
By increasing the quality and stability of the economy in ASEAN, is expected to improve the quality of industrial products of ASEAN countries. With so countries in Asia can be more expensive to import goods from ASEAN countries.
In the face of MEA, some of the challenges to be faced by the Society of Indonesia. Particularly the perpetrators of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), including
- Local product competition with imported products will become increasingly stringent. Coupled with the paradigm of Indonesian society that still considers that the imported products are always better quality than local products.
- Indonesian labor competition is getting tougher. In Indonesia, The quality of the workers is still below than other countries in the ASEAN. That is greatly affecting the industry in considering the use of labor of foreign workers rather than workers in Indonesia.
Preparing for AEC
The impact and challenges that come with the enactment of the Asean Economic Community in 2015. Some of preparation to do them
- Professional Certification International standards for professional workers.
- Training skills and disciplines to the employee in the company.
- ISO certification for the company.
- Need to improve the educational curriculum insightful Southeast Asia. Besides soft skills training to improve the quality of graduates.